Time to Take the First Step
Now is the time to get started on the new you!
Crossfit First Step (CFFS) is a state of the art Crossfit facility that embraces the mind, body and spirit of healthy living. Taking the First Step into self-awareness and change can be very scary and nerve racking. At CFFS we operate in a supportive and non-judgmental manner and atmosphere.
Meet The Team
Owner / Coach
Mike originally from New Jersey moved to sunny south Florida in 2004 to attend Lynn University. Mike currently holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications and a Master of Science Degree in Counseling. Mike entered the counseling field with a passions for people and a focus to find each person’s true potential.
Mike’s journey began in 2012 to become an influential counselor while working in a substance abuse treatment center in Hobe Sound Fl. Mike’s time here was influential to his development. Mike specializes in using an eclectic spectrum of clinical modalities to enable clients to foster long term recovery. Some of Mike’s specialties include Adventure Based Therapy, Recreational Therapy, EMDR therapy, CrossFit infused therapy, Nutrition, Psychodrama, and Motivational Interviewing. Mike is a proud member of the AEE and is looking forward to contributing to the continued growth of Adventure/Experiential therapy.
Outside of the office Mike enjoys coaching CrossFit as well as participating/competing in CrossFit competitions. He also spends his time playing lacrosse for the Palm Beach men’s team and coaching high school Lacrosse players to help develop their skills on and off the field. If you can’t find Mike on the field or in the gym scan the coast line and most likely you’ll find him free diving/snorkeling. Mike has a true passion for the outdoors and people. He comes alive when given the opportunity to connect his two passions.
CJ has been active in sports his whole life, from extreme sports to leading his high school lacrosse team to states. Crossfiting for the past 4 years Cj has a passion for learning and teaching. Attacking every workout, training session, and class with a smile CJ’s energy is contagious; he will have you laughing and smiling while on the path to achieve your goals.
Here at CFFS we embrace the mind, body and spirit of healthy living. Below are some of the instructional classes we offer.
Each class consists of a trainer-lead group warm up, the workout, and cool down/mobility. Classes last one hour & are offered 6 days a week.
Learn all the basic movements used in regular CrossFit Classes. If you’ve never done CrossFit before, this is the place to start.
Take some extra time to learn & really focus on the technique of the Olympic Lifts. Classes are 1 hour long once a week & lead by a Coach.
- Arrive 10 minutes before class begins to ensure you are ready at the start of the hour.
- Leave your egos and judgments of others at home; show up with a positive and focused attitude.
- If bringing children please have a way of keeping them occupied. Children should not be on the gym floor during class times.
- No pets allowed unless a special event is taking place.
- Put all equipment that you used away after the workout.
- Wipe down all equipment to ensure proper cleanliness for other members.
- Support you fellow members throughout the WOD.
- Get to know others; CrossFit is about community.
- You’ve committed to an hour; stay for the duration of class and cheer your fellow members on!
- It’s not about perfection; come as you are!